Options

Sales Order Decimal Field Updation for web Services

marvindmarvind Member Posts: 25
edited 2010-02-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I have develop the web service application for navision using asp.net and c#.net.when i am updating the order the decimal fields are not updated through web services.i have cross check through debug value is passing i.e it shows the value on debug but it is not updated in navision.when i create the order through navision and access it in dot.net application it Fetches the decimal values but not update when i am update through dot.net application.

any help on this please

Thanks
Regards,
Arvind

Comments

• Options
    smnehalsmnehal Member Posts: 14
    Hi Arvind,

You need to set the specified property true for interger, decimal, date type data types

For e.g
    Amount = 12.25
    AmountSpecified = true

then update it must update your amount

Thanks
  • Options
    marvindmarvind Member Posts: 25
    hi nehal,

Thanks for your reply.

Tell me where do i set this property in Navison or in dot.net,
    if it is dot net i am using the refleaction concept and set the property using propertyinfo class.
    I am passing the data object to object.would you specified where i have to the property specified=true with some steps or procedure.

Thanks
    Regards,
    Arvind
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    In .net

the specified property is something .net / VS adds to the generated proxy classes in order to know which fields should be sent over the wire to the Web Service. Behind the scenes - everything is XML - and when generating the XML to send - it takes all non-null strings and all other fields that has the corresponding specified field set to true.

In my post about dynamic web services, my helper classes actually find the specified property and sets it automatically

http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2009/12/04/dynamic-references-to-nav-page-web-services-in-c-take-2.aspx

If you download the project and look in the NAVPageFieldInfo class.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.