Purchase Documents - Released Status & G/L Account Lines

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I'm implementing document approvals for purchase orders but have noticed that even after the document has been sent for approval and subsequently approved and released, the user is still allowed to edit and add new G/L Account lines to the order. Only 'Item' and 'Fixed Asset' lines are prevented from being added/edited. Surely this can't be right as this means there's no point in approving it if additions can still be made. Some of my POs will have 'Item' lines but most will be for services and will therefore be 'G/L Account' lines.

I want to change the code to prevent editing of 'G/L Account' lines too when the PO is released, but wanted to hear if anybody knows the reason for this behaviour by design.

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    May be :bug:
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I can think of one :
    To add item charge line for expenses like freight which has to borne by the client.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Hi,

Yes delivery charges was the only thing I could think of too as to why G/L lines would be allowed, as you might not know the charges until the order was placed and in progress. But this just leaves the orders open to abuse with no further approval necessary.

Jonathan
  • dimusdimus Member Posts: 24
    As a side line comment. I believe standard NAV approval system misses a very important functionality - approval conditions. For example, if client wants to approve only POs with G/L lines (not Items) there's no way to accomplish this w/o modifications.