Help files

peter123peter123 Member Posts: 11
when creating help files
where do i change the value of e.g Window, Field and so on
when pressing F1 in the No. field in the item table navision shows "No. Field" istead I want it to show "No. Felt" (Danish)
it must bee somewhere in the config file but I can't find any documentation about this

Regards

Peter

Comments

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    edited 2010-02-10
    I am not sure what your goal and setup is, but like standard NAV (for Danmark) you should have help for (1) ENU (US English) that reside in the ENU folder and (2) Danish residing in the DAN folder. Either (1) by changing the apllication language (on Classic Client) or (2) the regional setting you will be activating ENU or DAN online help.

Hope this makes sense.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • peter123peter123 Member Posts: 11
    Hi luc

Yes this make sense,
    my problem is when using Helpbuilder to create help files to a new object I can't find the place to change the text "Window" or "Report" to Danish translations, I guess this should be somewhere in the setup off Help Builder but i can't find the right place

When im using Danish language and pressing F1 in the "No." field on the item Card the help says

Feltet Nummer
    Tabellen Vare

This is the correct danish translation

But when i'm pressing F1 in the new objekt (still using danish laguage) the help would look like this

Nummer Field
    Vare Table

Hope this makes sense

BR
    Peter

BR

Peter
    Recalling from my past at MS where I also did build Online Help for NAV this is because of the data in the GATE.txt file. There you need to translate the various words like table, but also the order. For example this section - valid for ENU:
    [TABLE]
    Title="<table> (table)"
    Heading="<table> Table"

Should become - for DAN:
    [TABLE]
    Title="<table> (Tabellen)"
    Heading="Tabellen <table>"

Looking at the new help tool GATE.txt is still used.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • DFH86DFH86 Member Posts: 5
    I'm having the same problem as Peter.

I'm using the released Help Builder tool, and can't get my object types translated either. I get the exact same output as Peter mentioned.

lvanvugt, there is no GATE.txt file when using the Help Builder tool, and I've also tried looking through the config file.

Anyone know of a way to fix this ?

Thanks.

// DFH
    Well, GATE.txt is not part of the tool package, but is part of the help project (i.e. source files) as release by MS here at Partner Source.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    So, where should GATE.txt be located? I currently have it in my 'Shared' folder of my project, and it still doesn't translate.

But the translations in it seems to be right :)
    [TABLE]
    Title="<table> (tabel)"
    Heading="Tabellen <table>"
    Link="Liste over felter i tabellen"
    Index="<table> (tabel)" 

[TABLE FIELD]
    Title="<field>, <table> (tabel)"
    Heading="Feltet <field>"
    Link="Tabellen <table>"

Hi Daniel,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. To be able to help I would need to get your project directory setup (including files) and also have a screen shot from the Help Builder window. Would that be possible?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    lvanvugt wrote:
    Hi Daniel,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. To be able to help I would need to get your project directory setup (including files) and also have a screen shot from the Help Builder window. Would that be possible?

I sent you a pm with the above :)
    Hi Daniel,

Thanx for the files. I can reproduce the issue. Strange things happening:
    After building the project part of the DAN strings are used as the table of Contents shows DAN strings. But these hyperlinks are still in ENU:
      List of Fields in the Table
      The … Table

I am consulting some old colleagues that might be of help. I'll keep you updated.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    Hi Daniel,

I think the riddle is solved. This is the reply I did get from my ex-colleague:
    Anyway, HelpBuilder does not use GATE. The configuration of the language that HelpBuilder uses is managed by the default config file for HelpBuilder. The overall process for doing this manually is described in the NAV_HelpGuide.chm that ships with HelpBuilder, in the topic called “How to: Change Language Settings for Local Content”.
    But essentially, you need to get the translated config files that are included in the Help source for each locale that we provide and make available on PartnerSource:
    https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... AV2009.htm

You must change the value for the “default config file” to use the correct version (here it’s for Spain) and you must change the language to be the right local (here again Spanish):

file.php?mode=view&id=1466&sid=f6d805e0ea8d919d1550e44fb2677fb8
    So you need to leave GATE.txt behind and be sure to have the translated (Danish!) config file!

Riddle solved and apology for the confusion I (unintentionally) created around GATE.txt.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
    Problem solved.

Thanks to luc :)
    Great!

And Peter, what about your issue?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • tsteeman-dyseltsteeman-dysel Member Posts: 2
    Hi Luc or someone else....
    Where do you get the window (see your attached pic), where you can choose the language?
    I have two systems. On both the systems everything works fine.
    On system 1 the language of the Chm is in German, on system 2 it's EN-US.
    But i can't see where the setup comes from....
    I already know the languageset is created in the help.builder.exe, where you transform the txt-format file to a XML file.
    But where can i change the setup....????
    Regards,
    Tim Steeman
    Hi Tim,

I do not really grasp your issue. The window on my screen shot is the NAV Help Builder window. Here you cahnge your setup (also). What are you needing?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • tsteeman-dyseltsteeman-dysel Member Posts: 2
    I found the error.
    I was working on the help.builder.exe 1.0 version and your screenshot comes from 2.0
    Thanks for your quit answer!