Error when defining variable of type Word Automation

NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
Hello NAV experts,

I'm trying to develop a basic mail merge between NAV 5.0 SP1 and Microsoft Word 2007, where I want to update certain mail merge fields with data from record fields in NAV. I haven't done this before, but I'm trying to use the example explained in the Application Designer's Guide on page 371.

The example detailed in ADG seems simple enough, but I can't define a variable of type Microsoft Word 12.0 Object Library with subtype Application without getting a compilation error. The error reads "Variable WordApp::MAILMERGEDATASOURCEVALIDATE" is defined more than once". The only difference (as far as I can tell) between my code and the one from ADG is that the latter uses Microsoft Word 11.0 Object Library.

Has anybody encountered this problem before?

Answers

• SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    Hey Nagi,

the Automation exposes events whith function names which are too long for NAV. Even if you do not activate WITH EVENTS, they are defined in the object. The following 5 steps should do the trick:

1. Save the object without compiling,
    2. export as text,
    3. remove all EVENTs,
    4. import it again and
    5. compile.

/Carsten
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • NagiNagi Member Posts: 151
    Thank you! =D> =D> =D>