Error while consolidating

pradkpradk Member Posts: 89
I'm trying to consolidate 3 companies into the 4th in the same database. It's only with one of the companies
I get an error while running the test database "The dimension buffer does not exist"
Table ID=17 Entry No=20065 Dimension code = BUSINESSLINE (this is GD 1)

I've double triple checked that all the dimensions and dimension values are existing in the company where i will be consolidating it. I've checked the entry no. 20065 and nothing seems amiss.
I've checked partner source and mibuso if anyone faced this issue but guess i'm the first one. ](*,) ](*,)
Can anyone suggest why i might be facing this issue ?

thanks
Pradeep

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What version are you running ?

From what i remember the table 360 should have these entries contained there? have you checked the dimension mapping between these 2 companies if this is the first time you have done it.

Also have you tried exporting the consolidation to XML then importing it instead of a straight consolidation?

What do you see when you debug the error?
  • pradkpradk Member Posts: 89
    What version are you running ?
    - I am running version 5

From what i remember the table 360 should have these entries contained there? have you checked the dimension mapping between these 2 companies if this is the first time you have done it.
    - I have checked the dimension mapping, everything is in order as test database went fine for other 2 companies. I have been able to consolidate without dimension earlier, but yes this is the first time i'm doing it at dimension level.

Also have you tried exporting the consolidation to XML then importing it instead of a straight consolidation?
    - no, since it's all in same database.

What do you see when you debug the error?
    It stops at Report no. 14 - Consolidation wherein it tries to delete the data in the temp buffer table and since it does not find any data it gives out this error message.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    First thought would be to try exporting and importing the data via XML and see if the message is repeated