How to mark Job as Complete?

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
I'm new to using Jobs for the most part. How do you actually set a Job as complete? I've posted time in the job journal, invoiced that time on a sales invoice. But I don't see anything left to do.

Haven't seen anything in the documentation (more than a skim, but less than a full read) and didn't see any posts. Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Basicaly you don't close jobs. You can block it for posting if that is what you want?

Jobs is basicaly just a framework to create your own add-on alhough it is far more complete since version 5.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Jobs is basicaly just a framework to create your own add-on alhough it is far more complete since version 5.

Because we had done a few complex job implementations, we were asked to be a part of a study group to define requirements for the Jobs Module in Navision. The idea being they wanted to review a few customers that were using Jobs for a period of time to see how they used them, so they could make major revisions to the whole Job Module and release a product that would be useful to users. It was very productive, in the end they picked two of our clients to work with, and then I worked with the developers to help define a new Job module.

That was in 1998 :shock:
    David Singleton
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    matttrax wrote:
    I'm new to using Jobs for the most part. How do you actually set a Job as complete? I've posted time in the job journal, invoiced that time on a sales invoice. But I don't see anything left to do.

Haven't seen anything in the documentation (more than a skim, but less than a full read) and didn't see any posts. Thanks for your help.

Change the status of Job as Complete.
    Kapil Khanna
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Its a question on the Costing exam actually.

So the offical correct answers were to

1) Block
    or
    2) Change status to complete

Otherwise if you haven't calc and posted any wip you will need to do that
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I completely missed the Status flag on the Posting tab. I was expecting something on the General tab, sort of like every other place in NAV :?

I had seen the Status and Completed fields with Zoom, but missed them on the form. Thanks for your help everyone.