how to go to the next line without pressing ENTER key?

dyn45dyn45 Member Posts: 67
edited 2010-02-09 in Navision Attain
Hi nav ppl
here what I am dealing with...

I am working with barcode scanner to simplify importing of serial numbers.
Everything is going fine except going to next line. What I mean is, I use the scanner, got the Serial No., auto add quantity, but I can't find out how to go to the next line without pressing ENTER. Everything is automatic except that new line... :-k

any help?

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    There's a property on the field called AutoEnter - Set that to yes
    There is another property called NextControl - Set it to itself (Id#)
    If the serial #'s all all the same length then Change Property MaxLength to the serial # length.

Now there are combinations that you might use - for example we use these properties to auto enter our item numbers and Nextcontrol over to the qty field so we can enter the qty. Then we hae the nextcontrol pop back to the item # field so the process can continue.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Also most scanners have a booklet with a manual that allows you to configure the scanner to auto enter at the end of the scan.

You usually configure them by scanning something from the booklet that allows the scanner to autoenter after each scan.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    still need to set the next control so the cursor lands on the field he wants
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Savatage wrote:
    still need to set the next control so the cursor lands on the field he wants

not really. I usually ask the user to hide the other columns and he can start scanning.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    That's true. Usually I like to see at least a few (columns) fields to make sure everythings on track.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Although in the beginning I used to do it Harry's way with multiple fields and when I started working with eShip I didn't like the idea of doing it all in one box. After working with it (eShip) a while both from the user and the developer perspective. I feel that one only focusable field on a barcode scanning form is by far the best solution.
    David Singleton
  • dyn45dyn45 Member Posts: 67
    Thank you all for quick answer...
    Those properties AutoEnter and NextControl solved my problem.

thanks again