Security Filters

davePentneydavePentney Member Posts: 5
Is it possible for anyone to put me in the right direction to receive or find imformation regarding setting up 'Security Filters'?

I am using Nav 5.0 on SQL, and my main problem is only allowing Customers to see certain items or blocking off items in the list.

Will be forever in your debt if I can crack this.

David Pentney

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    what do you mean by "Customers to see certain items "

please explain what you trying to do in more detail
  • davePentneydavePentney Member Posts: 5
    Will try to explain in more detail.

We have over 2,000 products in the item group that Customers can order from, this is broken down into Families, what i need to do is only allow Customers to see and order what they are allowed to in the Sales Order Form.

I have tried using the Product Group Code for the links and then linking under the INVT-ITEM Role ID granting permissions on the Secruity Filter. Problem is now when they log in to order on the Sales Order Form, they receive a message - 'You are not allowed to read the item table'
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Why are your customers entering their orders in your system? And how? Are they logging in through Citrix?

I would assume that to have done that you must have some very heavy enhancements to Navision security, so surely this is just another part of that.
    David Singleton
  • shjelshjel Member Posts: 7
    The functionality you are looking for is unfortunately not supported with security filters.

However, I know that there is a tool which can solve this issue! You can contact me for more information.

Kind regards!