Options

RTC: Zoom on subforms (e.g. Sales Lines)

Sapphire123Sapphire123 Member Posts: 112
edited 2010-02-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

Classic Zoom functionality is called 'About this page' in RTC (NAV 09 SP1). I"m trying to zoom on a subform, for example .. sales lines or purchase lines. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to do this. (I dont want to modify the subform page by adding all the table fields.) It only allows me to zoom (or, see table fields) for the header table..

Any suggestions? thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    you can run Page 516 Sales Lines and zoom on the record you like.
    About this page doesn't show subforms.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    I would like to show this functionality to our user (user who will not have super rights to run the page directly)
    For example, when the user runs page 43 (SALES INVOICE), and would like to zoom on the sales invoice lines (i.e. the subform embedded within this page).

:-k
  • Options
    gaspodegaspode Member Posts: 19
    Sadly you cannot do this directly from a Subform. That made me think of an idea though, a programmer could write a page that will display every field for a record dynamically (just like the Data Migration pages do) that could be called from a subform. But with no programming, until Microsoft add this feature, you cannot do it. :(
    Woof!
  • Options
    Under Action add a new menu that would display the Sales line list filtered on document type and document no.

Then the user can click about this page from the list.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    interesting idea, i will try it out.
    I just assumed this feature would be available out the box in SP1.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    stevedivimaststevedivimast Member Posts: 39
    To "zoom" a record in a subform you must use the shorcut Ctrl+Alt+F1.
    If you use "About this page" RTC put the focus on the main page.
    But if you set the focus on a line in the subform and you use the shorcut instead the mouse it works.
  • Options
    Wow that's awesome! Thanks for that advice, I can't wait to try it out.
    Woof!
  • Options
    I just tested it and it works. Great tip.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    ara3n, did "ctrl + alt + f1" work for you? I can't seem to get this working???
    when i do that, nothing happens.
  • Options
    Are you using NAV 2009 SP1? The About this page was not available in NAV 2009 RoleTailored client until SP1.
    Woof!
  • Options
    Yes, NAV 2009, SP1 - I'm trying to do what stevedivimast suggested.
    I select the sale invoice line (on the subform) and click - ctrl + alt + f1, but nothing happens :(
  • Options
    It works for me. I just did it again ran Sales Invoice. Make sure the control is on a sales Line. hit Ctrl+Alt+F1 all at the same time on keyboard and about this page for Sales Invoice Subform (47) opened up.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• Options
    dr75dr75 Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 17
    This is by design. If you select the action from the menu, RTC will open Zoomtool / "About this Page" for the header form.

If you select a line in the subform, as mentioned, you will need to press shortcut key combination "Ctrl + Alt + F1" (needless to say, but at the same time).

If you select an item in a factbox, you will also need to use the shortcut key combination.
    Dag Rovik - MSFT - Software Development Engineer - Dynamics NAV Client Integration

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.