Nav 5 APP CRASH

fredrikDeGfredrikDeG Member Posts: 4
On a Win2008 server navision crashes when a company is started with the following error message:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fin.exe
Application Version: 5.0.26084.0
Application Timestamp: 47b392f9
Fault Module Name: fin.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.0.26084.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 47b392f9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00123573
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1053

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

Strange thing is that the real database running on a native server (hence fin.exe in the above message) is working perfectly.

I've tried with a developer license with the same result

I assume that has something to do with local id from the errormessage and the globallanguage is reported back as 1053 (sweden).

Any suggestions, pointers, general insults???

Comments

• superjetsuperjet Member Posts: 40
    edited 2010-02-04
    try to change in Win2008Server Regional Settings language for non-Unicode programs from English to Swedish.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Which NAV 5 ? sp1 or just 5

What happens if you just start nav with no company and then put on the debugger to try and catch a nav error?

I would be tempted to get the latest build.exes first and try opening again.

Do you have another server to test on ?
  • fredrikDeGfredrikDeG Member Posts: 4
    I'll certainly try superjet's suggestion tomorrow, just an clearification:

The "real" server i running on the same Win2008Srv, the database with the problem is just a restored backup of that database for developing reasons.

So no problem with the production database, only with the devdatabase.

The database is a 5.1 and no the problem only exist on that server, same copy on my local machine works like a charm.
  • fredrikDeGfredrikDeG Member Posts: 4
    ](*,)
    Just checked the windowslanguage and Globallanguage on the problematic database as well on functioning database, both reports back 1053 (sweden).

Could be that the server service (networkservice account) is working on a different language but i haven't been able to check that and I don't think it is.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Why not apply just upgrade the client since you have the first release for 5.1, look at waldos blog for platform updates and see if upgrading client fixes it as there wwere a lot of client crash fixes in it.