Inventory Valuation differences

tazzy30tazzy30 Member Posts: 52
Hello all,

I have run the Inventory Valuation report which shows an increase value against a part of 58,046 and a decrease value of 81,159 and the Qty is the same i.e. 52. Stock Valuation has a Qty of 0 but the value is 23,112.

I have run the adjust cost item entries and cost post to G/L which has had no affect on the value does anyone know how I can get this value back to zero?

Thanks

Comments

• bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    Do you have any sales orders, that are only shipped and not invoiced?
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.
  • tazzy30tazzy30 Member Posts: 52
    No there isn't any sales orders nor is there any PO's where they have been shipped and Not invoiced?
  • bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    If it's one part (item) why don't you look at the Item ledger - what happened for the period you run the Inventory valuation report?
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Check your dates. This normally happens when you back date a purchase invoice.
    David Singleton
    There are a few parts like this looking at the ledger entry for this particular part I can see a qty of 5 were purchased where cost amount was 1124 however when sold went through as 2071 which is almost double?
    tazzy30 wrote:
    There are a few parts like this looking at the ledger entry for this particular part I can see a qty of 5 were purchased where cost amount was 1124 however when sold went through as 2071 which is almost double?

And the purchase invoice?
    David Singleton
    From what I can see the Purchase invocie has gone through with Actual Cost (1124) whereas the sale has gone through with a cost of 2071 (Avg cost) which is the reason for the figure, however I dont understand why?
    Is this average cost?
    David Singleton
    The item is average cost
  • vgvozdevvgvozdev Member Posts: 29
    =D>
    It was fun to read this post's... Especially after spending last week reconciling cost with my client. Very good question David and I guess it is the answer to the question… Look for the previous transactions and forget about application for average cost items.
    Valentin Gvozdev
    Adaptive Business Solutions
    http://justjewelrysoftware.com
  • shjelshjel Member Posts: 7
    There are some tools in the market to help you to reconcile your inventory.

Check: http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=inv ... namics+nav