MPS for sales orders with filter shipping agent code

robinho81robinho81 Member Posts: 48
Hello,

When we make an MPS run I would like to have the option to see only those items from sales orders with a specific shipping agent code. Is this possible? Because orders are inserted every day, but every customer has his own delivery day. So we use the field shipping agent code for each customer (monday, tuesday, etc..) And our warehouse shipments are based on the specific shipping agent code.
For example:
Lead time for the item is 3 days.
Today is Wednesday.
So we would like to make an MPS run for the needs of those items that have the shipping agent code Friday (Wednesday - Friday is 3 days) this way we are only producing the items that will be shipped on Friday so we do not have to keep them in stock until the shipping day if shipping day is not equal to Friday.

Thanks!

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I can not understand your Question.
  • robinho81robinho81 Member Posts: 48
    in short:
    Today is wednesday.
    In planningworksheet we choose: calculate regenerative plan >MPS
    Than I want to calculate the plan only for items that are in sales orders with shipping agent code = (for example) FRIDAY.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    your goal is planning engine should consider that sales order for specific agent code.

If you have a good developers then u can have to modify the planning engine - which is very complex.

if you dont have the good developers , then [-X
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    I am assuming you want to do this on the requistion worksheet based off sales orders?

You basically want a field where you can filter on shipping agent code either before the plan is calculated or after?

It sounds like you will need a development to add the shipping agent field to the requistion line table based off the Sales order ?

this looks the simplest way thought i am welcome to be corrected by a distribution expert :)