Options

Help works in classic client but not RTC

bhalpinbhalpin Member Posts: 309
edited 2010-02-04 in NAV Three Tier
Hi.

I apologize in advance - this problem was related to me 2nd hand so I may no thave needed details handy.

The problem reported is Help works under the RTC, but not when in the classic client.

Has anybody seen this or have any clues?

Thank in advance.

Comments

• Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    To integrate the helpfiles with the classic client, you must add the .chm and the .hh files to the C:\Program Files\ Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\ENU folder.

for the RTC the files are split up between the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\en-US folder" and "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service\ENU" folder.

This assumes you are you are using the default install directory.
  • Options
    Also, the subject line says the Help is working in classic but RTC, and your OP says the opposite.
  • Options
    YIKES! Your're right!!!

Sorry - long day in C/Side and going senile here.

The *correct* state is that help works in RTC and *not* in classic.

:oops:
  • Options
    Did you confirm that NAV Source Help files (the .chm and .hh files) are in the correct folder?
  • Options
    I can't (today). This is all being relatred to me 2nd hand.

Thanks - I'll have them check to see what they've got in those folders.
  • Options
    veerendraveerendra Member Posts: 66
    To deploy Help for the RoleTailored client
    1. For each client installation, open the language-specific Help folder for the RoleTailored client. This is typically located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\RoleTailored Client\en-US.
    2. Copy addin_a.chm to the en-US folder.
    3. Open the language-specific folder in the Service folder on the computer running Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server. This is typically located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service\ENU.
    4. Copy addin_a.hh to the ENU folder.
    5. Restart the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service. Click Start, and then click Run.
    6. Type services.msc.
    7. Right-click Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server, and then click Restart.
    After you restart the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server service, any open clients must be restarted.

To deploy Help for the Classic client
    1. For each client installation, close the Classic client.
    2. Open the language-specific Help folder for the Classic client. This is typically located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Classic\ENU.
    3. Copy addin_a.chm and addin_a.hh to the ENU folder.
    4. Restart the Classic client.
    Veerendra Ch.
    http://midynav.blogspot.com/ (Microsoft Dynamics Navision)
  • Options
    Thanks all!