NAS Service cannot start

rakeshrbrakeshrb Member Posts: 7
Hi Everyone,

Encountered a serious issue. The user have all the permission to connect and use the database.

when i use:

nassql.exe appservername=NASXYZ, NETTYPE=TCP, Servername=MAFC-SQL1, database=XYZ_LIVE, company=XYZ_Network, nettype=tcp, startupparameter=JOBQUEUE

Database and company is successfully connected.

but when i use:

nassql.exe appservername=NASXYZ, NETTYPE=TCP, Servername=MAFC-SQL1, database=XYZ_LIVE, company=XYZ_Network, nettype=tcp, startupparameter=JOBQUEUE, objectcache=40000, installasservice

message as follows:

The operating system cannot gain access to file NASXYZ.
Please check that the file type and attributes are correct.

Kindly guide me.

Kind Regards,

Rakesh B

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You need to be logged in as Administrator (when using Windows 2008) when you execute that command. See topic NAS in Windows Server 2008.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • rakeshrbrakeshrb Member Posts: 7
    Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.

I'm using windows vista. And the user i'm using have admin rights.

Still no success.

Regards,

Rakesh B
    rakeshrb wrote:
    And the user i'm using have admin rights.
    This is not the same as being logged in as "Administrator"
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Or you are "Administrator", or you can create a .cmd-file in which you put the commandline, and then from the explorer, you run it using the mouse right-click => run as administrator.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• rakeshrbrakeshrb Member Posts: 7
    Thanks a lot, problem is been fixed.

I installed the service pack for Vista and then did the execution of the file.bat as an administartor.

Thanks everyone for saving my day.
    Please mark your topic as Solved, so others know they find the solution in this thread.