Cost for Un-applied (OPEN) Sales

nav_devpnav_devp Member Posts: 47
Hi All,
We have a customer in retail business having a problem related to the cost of sales (they are running average costing, Automatic Cost Posting is ON),
Example,
> Purchase 10 PCS of Item A @$10
> Purchase is followed by multiple sales, totalling up the sales Quantity as 15.
> While posting the sales, system is making sure that all sales entries are posted with the COST of $10.
> ACIE is run and COGS is ,$150, Fine.
> Note : At this moment we still have 5 pcs un-applied for the sales transactions.
> User does the revaluation for the purchase from $10 to $12.
> Followed by the ACIE run, but system only adjust the cost of the those initial sales entries where the remaining quantity <> 0.
> So end result is I have COGS as $120 ($12/Pcs for 10 PCS) + $50 (for 5 pcs un-adjusted one).
> I understand that once the incoming entries are booked, the cost of 5 unapplied sales entries will get adjusted accordingly, but as the customer in retail industry, they don't do the stock adjustments monthly, but at the same time want to see all sales entries having the average cost i.e. in this case running ACIE second time, should adjust the cost of 5 un-applied sales also with $12/ PCS.

So want to know is there any standard way of handling this, if not may be have check the possibility of changing ACIE to handle such case, i.e. to put the average cost for the un-applied sales as well.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,