Options

NAV - Field LookUps - In Infopath

Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
edited 2010-02-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hello All,

I have created Item Card to be able to insert the Items through Infopath.
Same as NAV, if I want to have lookups in according fields in Infopath then how can it be done???

Can anybody help me???
Ravi_Thakkar
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Its not really a Navision question is it? You need to get someone that knows Info path to emulate the way Navision does this. And then sync up all the tables.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    That is a big task

Problem is, that a lot of the lookups are actually code opening a page runmodal in lookup mode - these are almost impossible to do.
    The ones that are described in metadata could be done - but there isn't enough metadata available on the web services page WSDL, so you would have to go to the object metadata table and get both the page description XML (and in that find the source table) and the table description XML - find all what you need and then probably have a codeunit that can return a XML with lookup values (or make sure that all the right pages are exposed as web services).

BTW - the object metadata XML format is easy to understand - but it is NOT public, meaning that we can change that without offering any backwards compatibility at any time.

I looked into this when doing the edit-in-excel - it could be nice to have.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.