Subform in a subform on a mainform

gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
Hi guys,

Hope everyone doing good. One small quick requirement and hope someone would provide a quick idea on this.

On a sales order form, after clicking on a list we will have a list form. Now my requirement is on this. The Sales Order List form has to be modified and the requirements are as follows.

1. 3 subforms need to be included on the Sales Order List form.
2. 1st subform should show the lines of the order that we select from the list. This is directly can be done using the subformID of Sales lines.
3. 2nd subform should show the Order dimensions of the order that we select from the list. This is also direclty can be done using the subformID of the Order Dimensions.
4. I am struck with the 3rd subform ](*,) which should show the line dimensions of each line in the 1st subform as and when we click on the any of the lines on the 1st subform.

So the 3rd subform is basically a link with the 1st subform and not able to get an idea how to link it, stuck here #-o

I tried to use a subform on the sales Lines list form for line dimensions and and call the sales lines list form as the subform in the sales order list form, but calling a subform in a subform is not allowed and thats what Navision says. Is there some way I get into the solution for my requirement I wonder :o

Looking for a quick idea someone would share. Thanks in advance.
Dilip
Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Try using Info Pane.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You can't have a subform in a subform.
    David Singleton
  • gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
    SSingla wrote:
    Try using Info Pane.
    Thanks Singla Ji. Let me try with the same and hope so I get some result with it. But I need to display the List and is it so that can be done with info pane..? #-o
    You can't have a subform in a subform
    Yeah the same message got displayed by Navision when I tried to do the same. Any alternative for the same to arrive at the solution for the requirement that has been mentioned would be grately appretiated.

Thanks David.
    Dilip
    There is a way to achieve what you are trying to do. But it involves training the users. And I am not sure if that is an option for you.
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Seems kind of silly. Why can't the user just look at the order? All of that information is available on the actual document.

You can obviously see the lines. The order dimensions are on the header, the line dimensions are on the lines. Surely hitting Enter or another shortcut key from the list form isn't too much effort.
  • gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
    matttrax wrote:
    Seems kind of silly. Why can't the user just look at the order? All of that information is available on the actual document
    I here want to explain the exact thing. Sorry I missed one thing with my actual scenario. The scenario I have mentioned is for example. The exact thing little differs.

We have two customized tables whcih are linked to order. One table stores the data on Order level and other table stores the data on line level and these are actually not directly visible on the order form. The user has to use the menu button options provided on Order and Line menu buttons.

The 2nd thing is, since the users are working with RTC, first they will have to open the list page of the orders. Then they have to go to card form. And on the card form, they need to select the menu options for order level or line level forms for new tables created.

Instead the user wants to view the order level and line level data at the intial opening of the order list form in the RoleTailored client.

Hope now the requirement seems to be meaningful I suppose :)

Thanks for ur comments and would be more appretaited if u could suggest some idea on the same. Thanks again.
    Dilip
    gdkve9 wrote:
    The 2nd thing is, since the users are working with RTC, first they will have to open the list page of the orders.

How are you using forms in the RTC? Shouldn't you be using pages?
    David Singleton