PDF printing with number of copies in parameter

voneickengmbhvoneickengmbh Member Posts: 4
Hello,

I use the Navision version 3.70.
Well I got the following problem:
I need to print a pdf document on a printer and give this call as a parameter the number of copies to print. Since residing in the 1000s, the number of printed area, it would be disadvantageous to set the print command into a simple loop, as this would indeed paralyze all traffic.

I hope you have an idea and help me with my problem!

THANK YOU!

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Need way more information than you have provided. What software are you using to print to pdf? Have you checked what types of automation / integration it supports?
  • voneickengmbhvoneickengmbh Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

so far I do not use an additional programs.
    I was hoping that one explained to me the necessary tools and opportunities to meet in order to implement the problem.

I've tried it already with a command line including the paramater "/ p ", but there's no way to give a number of copies.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    what PDF printing software are you using?
    PDFCreator, Bullzip.etc
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • voneickengmbhvoneickengmbh Member Posts: 4
    Until now I only use the acrobat reader. But if there is a software to realize the problem then i would use this one. But if another software haves this feature, it would be great, if s.o. could explain me, how to apply.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you are creating a pdf files correct? wouldn't making copies of the PDF file be multiple printing copies ?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    That is a good point. You're creating 1000 copies of the same document as a PDF file. They can't all have the same filename.

Are you printing something to PDF, and then phyically printing it 1000 times?

I feel like I'm missing something.