Object Allocation

MatStephensSandAMatStephensSandA Member Posts: 74
Hi.

We have an issue with our license.
Our license tells us we have

8,200 Application Objects - Tables (10) 22

As far as i know that means we have 220 available tables.
How do i find out what object numbers these are allocated to.
I have assumed they were sequential however i have just tried to create table 50160 and i cant.
This is not a general permission error as i am a solution developer and have created 159 other tables on our databse with no issues.

My reseller tells me that some of these 220 tables are allocated in the 60000 range.

How do i find out what tables are allocated to which object numbers and which are useable to me?

Thanks in advance
M@
I have seen the future and it's egg shaped.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    The easiest way is to create a form on table 2000000044:"Permission Range".
    If you filter on type TableData and filter on "From" '50000..', it will show you the ranges and which type of access you have. The tables in your license have value Yes for fields Read/Insert/Modify/Delete.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    220 tables :shock: why so many?
    David Singleton
  • MatStephensSandAMatStephensSandA Member Posts: 74
    Hi.
    thanks for the info.
    the form gave me all the info we required.

So many tables becasue we are a pre Microsoft Dynamics Nav version.
    We purchased Navision financials then had to add all of our manufacturing/MRP/Warehousing/Distribution system ourselves.

Lots and lots of bespoke work, a lot of which has since been integrated into standard nav.

thanks, as always the peeps of Mibuso come good where our reseller cant answer the question
    M@
    ... where our reseller cant answer the question

Are you saying your partner did not know the answer to this question? :shock:
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    thanks, as always the peeps of Mibuso come good where our reseller cant answer the question

If your NAV partner can't tell you this I would highly suggest switching partners. Seriously. Even if they don't know how to do it from the database they can call up Support and get the details of your license.
    I guess if it's not in one of the mandatory certification exams, then its not something they need to learn :whistle:
    David Singleton
  • MatStephensSandAMatStephensSandA Member Posts: 74
    Hi All.

Our Nav partner will come back to us eventually but it takes days to get a responce..
    I was hoping (and proved correct) that Mibuso would be quicker.

Our reseller did (eventually) provide an answer but not how the answer was obtained.
    In this example they told us to use a table between a different number range. I asked how to discover this for myself and was told i couldnt do it.

Im not going to bash our reseller cuz they have in the past been excellent, maybe a mix of inexpereinced account managemnt or a poorly worded email, either way i now know for the future how to do this for myself, which was the point of the exercise.

thanks again.
    M@