Develop RoleTailored Client language module

GRUBBYFANSGRUBBYFANS Member Posts: 154
edited 2010-07-21 in NAV Three Tier
:D:D now Microsoft issue Adding Language Support to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1,then you can develop yourself language on RTC,for example Chinese language,aha,but this file very difficult,please give me a example,thank you friends
for partner:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... page=false

Answers

• dr75dr75 Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 17
    The pack should contain a guideline.

This is a rough guide to give an idea of the work:
    There should also be a template solution which you can open in Visual Studio. It is basically a solution consisting of several projects with one or two .resx files in it. These .resx files contains English values for all strings, which you then should translate into your desired language.

The name of the file, should then be renamed to match your language, i.e. Catalan language: Lang.ca-ES.resx or Mongolia Lang.mn-MN.resx.

Next step is to sign the projects (assemblies) with your own key, and compile. Then copy the output folder (ca-ES / mn-MN) to both client and server.

The assemblies needs to be registered in the Client-Addin table, and you also need to translate the STX file and have it sealed by Microsoft. For testing purposes, you can copy the ENU (or similar) folder, and rename it to match your language - but remember to use the three-letter ISO format here, i.e. Catalan - CAT. You still need to translate and seal / lock this file.

But, please follow the guideline document provided.
    Dag Rovik - MSFT - Software Development Engineer - Dynamics NAV Client Integration

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
  • mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    I've tried it, but didn't manage to get it working. I've compiled assemblies, put them where they need to be, registered the addin, but the language simply doesn't appear in RTC language list :(
    Did you apply the corresponding hotfix?
    Dag Rovik - MSFT - Software Development Engineer - Dynamics NAV Client Integration

ooooh dear, I think you just made my day! :)

I did try it quite some time ago, but from what I recall, no, I didn't!

If this works - you're a blessing :)
    uhm, ok, I got excited a bit early.. what hotfix? :)
    :)
    I have this link, but I think there is a direct link somewhere. I need to get back on that one.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... mmmpsnsotx

Bullseye! I was sure I saw it somewhere, just couldnt find it. This is it! I'll try it asap :)
    You were right. Hotfix made the language appear in the list.

However, after selecting it, and restarting RTC, I got error message saying "Language xxx is not installed" :(
    We solved this one offline, but to inform any other of what to notice when registering the assemblies:

The registration is important to have the different assemblies accepted and have Dynamics NAV picking up strings from these. All assemblies needs to be signed and registered in the Client-Addin table.

i.e. Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Language.resources.dll should be registered as Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Language without resources.dll.

• mbaicmbaic Member Posts: 4
    dr75 wrote:
    i.e. Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Language.resources.dll should be registered as Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Language without resources.dll.

Do you know what if we have two additional languages and two dll's with same names like above!?! From my experience, Nav use the first defined dll ("Client Add-In" table) with public token and load language in language selection page/dialog, if exists, when RTC opens. Other additional language is skipped, not loaded.

Our needed is to see both additional languages. Does anybody solve this problem!?!