Data base Function CHECKLICESEFILE

rambhu_05rambhu_05 Member Posts: 8
what is Key Number in CHECKLICENSEFILE funtion and how to it.
:idea: please give me hint of it or some code lines
I will highly pleased with u. :lol:

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    as i've seen your other topic, i think you're scrolling down the online help, reading the function descriptions...even if this is good, it is not the starting point!read the application designer's guide before these functions...you'll probably use them only a little, or they're so advanced functions that you won't even feel the need before some months...start with the manual, believe me...when you'll need these functions, you'll probably have the knowledge to understand them by yourself
    (for example, i've never used CHECKLICENSEFILE in 3 years of NAV).
    To answer your question. I think that the "key" is the License Number you find when you do "tools,license information" (fourth line)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    This will be fun, lets just hope we are not going to see the entire help file posted here as questions.

What ever happened to training classes?
    David Singleton
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    really fun...going on like this he will "know how to use FINDs" before the SETRANGE and GET... :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    Hi Rambhu,

in case you are not sure of what we are saying....

It is great that you are making an effort to learn Navision. I am sure everyone applauds you for making an effort. But its not the right way to go about it.

First you need to learn Navision. By learning how the application works for the user point of view. Then start looking at the code used in standard Navision functions. Then start to write similar functions to understand how they do it. Then you start doing your own stuff.

And when using forums and the community, you need to post a specific question, explaining what you have already tried and why it doesn't work and MOST IMPORTANTLY what you are trying to achieve.

Good luck .
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309

They started (maybe used to, don't know) charging at least $1500 per class for someone to teach out of a documentation manual that you can get from Partnersource / Customersource? To get a good start you need Financials, Trade, Development I and II. 4 classes X $1500 + Travel costs for someone to paraphrase documentation to you and watch you go through the labs is a little over the top. My opinion anyway.

Anyway, for the original poster. Read this nice little blog post I typed up a while back. It should give you some hints on the best way to start your NAV career. Keep up the hard work, it'll pay off. http://www.traxidyn.com/blogs/matttraxinger/where-begin
    matttrax wrote:

They started (maybe used to, don't know) charging at least $1500 per class for someone to teach out of a documentation manual that you can get from Partnersource / Customersource? To get a good start you need Financials, Trade, Development I and II. 4 classes X $1500 + Travel costs for someone to paraphrase documentation to you and watch you go through the labs is a little over the top. My opinion anyway.

Well it goes both ways.

I wanted to do Navision training classes in Bangalore. Microsoft were going to provide facilities and I wanted to run some initial classes that would have been virtually free to try it out. Believe it or not we got about 3 or 4 people interested.

The partners wanted the classes to be in the evening or weekends so that they were not losing billing time form their "Certified Consultants" the "consultants" already working 12 hours days of course wanted it during work hours (which of course was the plan) and then the big question from the Partners was "How will this count to our Microsoft Certifications" no one considered for a moment quality of services or increasing knowledge, just how can I bill today.

A key issue is that the life cycle of many of these consultants and especially developers is only 1-2 years. So the partners don't want to invest in training someone that will leave for a higher paid job as soon as they are "trained". The future is not looking great. And people ask me why I am concerned about using off shore resources that I can not personally meet and evaluate.
    David Singleton