Sales order whitout shipment

clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
I need to post my sales order without post shipment.
When I create a sales order without items I want to post it without create shipment.
I wan't use Invoice beacuse I need to use blanket order.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    clembo wrote:
    I need to post my sales order without post shipment.
    When I create a sales order without items I want to post it without create shipment.
    I wan't use Invoice beacuse I need to use blanket order.

Just delete the shipment after posting.
    David Singleton
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yes, just because Navision creates shipments does not mean you have to use them. Just ignore that they are there.

Maybe you want to change the posting dialog but that's a very small change.

Try to avoid doing massive changing in the posting routines.
    A lot of people put significance on the posted document tables. But its really important to know that except of certain issues with Shipped not invoiced, these tables are not needed.

You can modify the code in CU80 to not insert the shipment tables, but you must be sure of what you are doing, so safer is just to delete them after posting.
    David Singleton
  • clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
    But I don't want to skip shipment numbers. This is my problem.
    Huh? What does that mean in business language?
    Are you and end user or a partner?
    David Singleton
  • clemboclembo Member Posts: 122
    I'm a partner.
    When I ship Item i want to use Shipment but when I "ship" G/L accounts I don't want.
    What do you use the shipment for then? Are you printing it? Is it the print you want to change? Then change the report.
    clembo wrote:
    I'm a partner.
    When I ship Item i want to use Shipment but when I "ship" G/L accounts I don't want.

I think you need to sit with the client and get a FULL and clear business description of the requirement. I can understand where you are coming from, but unless you sit with the client and fully define the requirement, you will just write code that may do what it is supposed to, but probably wont resolve the actual business requirement.
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!