How to Close/Block a Sales/Purchase Order

mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
Hi all,

Can we close or block any Sales/Purchase Order having some quantity left for receipt/ship. If yes then how can we do this.

Comments

• BarunBarun Member Posts: 57
    mkpjsr wrote:
    Hi all,

Can we close or block any Sales/Purchase Order having some quantity left for receipt/ship. If yes then how can we do this.

Please Share the purpose of close/block in a SO/PO ??
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    mkpjsr wrote:
    Hi all,

Yes, just delete the order and it is then closed.
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    If you don't want it to post, then delete it.

If you want to keep it out there for some reason I suppose you could archive it.

And if you want to keep it and post it at a later date you can block the customer.

Really depends on what you're after.
    And never leave old closed orders in the system. Always delete them or performance will suffer.
    David Singleton
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    performance will suffer.

Follow David suggestion , otherwise you will have perfromance problem.
  • mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
    Barun wrote:
    mkpjsr wrote:
    Hi all,

These Orders are not required and its very difficult to find a particular order from the list form because of huge no of orders.
    mkpjsr wrote:
    Barun wrote:
    mkpjsr wrote:
    Hi all,

These Orders are not required and its very difficult to find a particular order from the list form because of huge no of orders.

So delete the closed ones and problem solved.
    David Singleton
    Yeah, if the part of the order that actually shipped has been invoiced just delete it.
  • mkpjsrmkpjsr Member Posts: 587
    matttrax wrote:
    Yeah, if the part of the order that actually shipped has been invoiced just delete it.

Actually the problem is, qty has been shipped but not invoiced and i want to close/block/remove the order without invoicing the rest qty.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    mkpjsr wrote:

Actually the problem is, qty has been shipped but not invoiced and i want to close/block/remove the order without invoicing the rest qty.

when you tell acutal business scenrio of yours then u can get the answer so fast.

if u received 100 Pcs from supplier , then according to supplier invoice u have to do the invoice for 100 Pcs.

can i why you dont want to create the invoice for that ?

if u receive that items at free of cost create the another line in the purchase order enter the unit cost = 0 and post .
    mkpjsr wrote:
    matttrax wrote:

You must invoice them.
    David Singleton
    As David said. You have to invoice them. This will create a balance on your Customer / Vendor cards. You'll then need to do a credit memo to zero out that balance. Copy Document will make it go much faster. Because you have so many I would not do them all and the do combined credit memos for each Customer / Vendor. I think it would be too easy to write off real balances.
    Actually although the credit memo path is probably the more correct way, when a customer has s lot of these I generally do it as chengalasettyvsrao does and just set the purchase cost to zero on the items. Technically you got them for free, so they should be costed for free also.

In the case that the invoices were posted as financial only document separate form the order, then I set the unit cost on the PO to the correct value, and then add a G/L line with a negative amount at the bottom to zero out the invoice.

But if you are not going the Credit Memo route, ALWAYS talk with the auditors to make sure its done correctly.

As an aside it always amazes me, just how many vendors ship goods to customers than then never invoice them.
    David Singleton
    As an aside it always amazes me, just how many vendors ship goods to customers than then never invoice them.

Or how often someone will receive something without an actual product, but then never physically get the item. "But they said it was going to be here" :D