Tracking Lines on BOM Component

DynamicUserDynamicUser Member Posts: 177
HI Friends,

I have a BOM where Child Items have Item Tracking. But When I am posting BOM from BOM Journal It is showing me Error Message 'Specify Item Tracking' and on BOM Component no option of item tracking is available.

So, How can we post BOM where Child Items have Item Tracking.

Comments

• FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    I don't know about the indian localisation but here you have to develop this yourself (or take a look at the french NAV version - there a complete Kitting Module is included).
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    It is showing me Error Message 'Specify Item Tracking'

Did u define the serial / Lot numbers against that items which you are going to post.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    FDickschat wrote:
    I don't know about the indian localisation but here you have to develop this yourself (or take a look at the french NAV version - there a complete Kitting Module is included).

Is this the US module or did they go out and develop a new one from scratch?
    David Singleton
    FDickschat wrote:
    Can't tell as I don't know the US kitting module. The objects in the FR version are in the 25000 range and have an object version "KITNA..." so I guess it is the US Version.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • manishgoyalmanishgoyal Member Posts: 52
    First you have to define Item tracking Lot No./serial no wise on Item card. then we create purchase order, create Item tracking on every line.then create BOM of raw materials with quantity.and define BOM no. on Finish good Item on item card.then calculate plan , then select item from item tracking with lot no that we define already.and at last create item tracking of FG.
    Manish Goyal
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    FDickschat wrote:
    FDickschat wrote:
    Can't tell as I don't know the US kitting module. The objects in the FR version are in the 25000 range and have an object version "KITNA..." so I guess it is the US Version.

That's great news, it means there is hope that this granule will make it into the W1 version.

Though lets hope they finish developing it first. :whistle:
    David Singleton
    FDickschat wrote:
    That's great news, it means there is hope that this granule will make it into the W1 version.

Though lets hope they finish developing it first. :whistle:
    Don't put your hopes too high. This exists in FR already since 5.0 :roll:
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • NaziNazi Member Posts: 15
    I have the same problem:
    I have a BOM where Child Items have Item Tracking, when posting BOM journal lines it requires Lot nos to be assigned to the child components, I could not find the solution, can anyone help what to do?