Date and Time Synchronization with NAV Server

somnathbasu9002somnathbasu9002 Member Posts: 47
Dear All,

I face this problem almost in all implementations as I am working in LS Retail. But the problem is more concerned with NAV than LS Retail.

When we run command like 'TODAY' or 'TIME', from client machine, it picks up Date and Time from local machine and not from server machine. Now in retail sceneria there are hundreds of stores and thousands of POS, so it is very difficult to maintain clock at all the machines. At most we can ask for maintenance of Store Servers. My question is, is there any process where we can instruct navision to pick date and time from server, and not from local machine.

Again for your information I am not looking for Windows domain configuration solution.
waiting for your suggestions.

Regards,
Somnath

Comments

• pdjpdj Member Posts: 643
    It is possible quite easily if you are using a SQL server. Search the site for "servertime".
    For the Classic (Native) server you will need a bit more development...

Edit: Sorry, I was trying to direct you to this thread. I don't know why it doesn't show up when searching for servertime... :?
    Regards
    Peter
  • somnathbasu9002somnathbasu9002 Member Posts: 47
    thanks, but it seems applicable in SQL server only. How to manage it in Native server?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    just run the "net time \\servername /set" command and it will synchronize the time... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Not only Time, I need to sychronize the date as well. Again, where to run this command and how to use it?
    it will sync both. Just run it in command prompt, you can create batch file for it and run it in logon script or in scheduler...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Dear friends,

Any idea from anyone?
    And have you tried what was suggested?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.