Navision settings

afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
Is there a way to save individual user settings (such as the position of various columns on a form)?

It's unfortunate that compiling a form also overwrites the individual user settings; at least we would like to restore the settings.
Alastair Farrugia

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    edited 2010-01-26
    save the zup file of the users before importing the objects in production Database...it SHOULD work (here, i'm talking about the classic client, not the RTC)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Belias wrote:
    save the zup file of the users before importing the objects in production Database...it should work (here, i'm talking about the classic client, not the RTC)

But as soon as they open the form it will realize its changed and reset that component of the ZUP file, so not sure how this will help?
    David Singleton
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I just higlighted the should in the previous post...sorry for the wrong suggestion,afarr
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
    Thanks for the replies.
    Is there a way to stop the zup file being changed?

I understand that this might not be possible in all cases (e.g. if a field is deleted from a form), but if it's only the code or captions that are changed then ideally the settings would be preserved (unless we explicitly say that we want to discard them for that form).
    Alastair Farrugia
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    There is no way to prevent the zupfile from changing but in the 2009 RTC the problem has been solved.