ADCS installed - problems with VT100 Plugin NAV 2009

austria1austria1 Member Posts: 8
Hello,

We've just made an update from 4 SP3 to NAV 2009 SQL and installed the ADCS successfully - but VT100 plugin doesn't work properly.

We tried to delete and reinstall it again and made a telnet session to the ip - the only thing we got back was:

"Something went wrong when trying to reply to internal key 4032828.Object reference not set to an instance of an object. - everytime we telnetted and allthough reinstalling. I think they have a connection but the VT100 Plugin has a problem with this service?? :shock:

Did anyone have the same problem? I've read that someone called Microsoft to solve the problem but without success ? :(

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

I just went through a whole bunch of ADCS "Features", but they were on 5.0SP1.
    The problem you are experiencing looks like an issue with SaferStream.

Here are some suggestions:
    1. Check the user account that runs the VT100 plugin and the NAS, they need access to the Saferstream dll's
    2. Make sure that the NAS and the Client are the same version!
    3. Create a new key and restart the NAS and then the VT100.
    4. Look at hotfix KB942706
    5. Also look at hotfix KB949699

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • austria1austria1 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Willy,

Thank you for your reply, tried to handle with yours and some other possibilities but without succes..

Do you think there will be a difference if you use win server 2003 odr win server 2008 for that problem?

If I run CodeUnit 7700ADCS Startup i get the following Message:

"Message for C/AL Programmers:
    Calling member OpenSocket failed. SocketBusAdapter gave following message back: Cannot open Socket." :whistle: .....

But in the end - if i start the VT100 Plugin service and the Application Server Plugin, i don't have any error messages... until i do a telnet :roll: ... then it says something's wrong with an internal key... ](*,)

must get rid of this :mrgreen:

cheers
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

Do you have a firewall/virus protection on your server? That might be blocking the traffic. McAffee did that to me.
    Also doesn't Server 2008 have the User Access Control? Maybe you could check in the UAC if you are allowed to use the ports?

Hope this helps,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.