MRP does not Condsider Lot Size and Order Multiple,Min. Max

fpilotyashfpilotyash Member Posts: 4
I am using version 5.01 Sp1 NA version,

Trying to run Mps/MRP and finding following problem
a. MRP does not consider value in Order Multiple, Min/Max quantity field.

Manufacturing Policy is: Make to Stock
Reorder Policy: Lot for Lot
Include Inventory: True

with above setting i created 3 items A,B,C
A as my main assembly , B/C as component to main assembly (quantity per as 1 for both on BOM)
I created a sales order for 100 PCS for main assembly and then trying to generate demand from planning worksheet.
Before MRP run i set order multiple on both purchase item as 7(B),9(C).
System still ask me to buy quantity 100 Pcs for each of the component ,I tried to change Manufacturing policy and run this still get same result
i tried to play with Include Inventory field still result the same, tried to put quantity in Min/Max Quantity and Lot size that also dint make any difference.
I do not want to change my Reordering policy it should be Lot for lot.

Have any one faced same issue, please help your Immediate answers will be a great help

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Well, Min/Max should be disabled when you select Make To Stock, so that is functioning as designed.

If you changed the Order Multiple parameter after creating the order, trying running the refresh order batch job. If that doesn't work, I would say the lot-for-lot functionality overrides the order multiple quantity per its description to 'meet the sum of the requirements that come due within the reorder cycle'.
  • MatthewRBrittonMatthewRBritton Member Posts: 27
    We use the Reordering policy of Lot-for-lot with Order multiple for both manufactured and purchased items (also in 5.0 sp1) and have no issues.

Do you have SKU's, and if so, are the planning p[arameters correct on those?

It's an easy trap.