Options

Feild Level restriction to an Role - Possible?

ganeshganesh Member Posts: 32
Hi

The Situation is.....

i need to hide an particular information(say description feild from the item table) from an user(Role)...

i could do it.....by writting some code in the form(by hard coding)..

i want to restrict that in the table level..so that the user can not the see that feild in any form... is it possible?...
if (better is possible)
{
good is not enough
}

Comments

• Options
    2tje2tje Member Posts: 80
    Savatage,

Seems like this should be integrated by the next Navision release.
    Does it work on a C/Side database and does it need a lot of programming / merging on tables and forms ?
    What about the zoom function (Ctrl+F8) ?
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    This Lanham add-on is pretty seemless - like all Lanham products. We have seen multiple demo's on this Add-on and it looks great. It even more than we needed so we never purchased it. Maybe someother members of the forum have every day experience.

I know it always preferable, to some, to do all this programming yourself. But if it's really necessary & in the budget - taking a look at this product might be exactly what you need.

--- :evil: Then post the code!! (Just kidding)

also take a look at this - might give you some ideas
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... l+security
  • Options
    ganeshganesh Member Posts: 32
    Hi all,

Thanks for your replies...

But all the reply .. mentioned restricting an user from veiwing or editing an feild at the form level(i have already done this and showed to customer)...

I want to a solution that will restrict a user from reading an field at the table level....

Say an field "Description" from a table A is displayed in 100 forms.. the solution which we have now needs to write the code on all 100 forms....

I want to restrict that field at the table level (at one place) so that it is not seen in any form.
    (To my Knowledge --- This is not possible)....
    if (better is possible)
    {
    good is not enough
    }