Change series code on Return Orders

JosetxoJosetxo Member Posts: 92
Hello,

My question is a setup question, not a developer question... sorry about that.

We are running Nav 4.0 SP1.
The company has recently purchased the Return Orders module and would like to have two different series of return orders.
One of them has to be automatic and the other has to be manual.

We have set them up on the series code and established the relationships between them, so they are available to select when a new return order is created.

When I select the "manual" series it keeps creating an automatic series code, even if the "Default Nos" field is unchecked and the "Manual Nos" is checked.

Could anybody let me know what am I missing? Many thanks in advance,

Josetxo

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    when it comes manual number series , open the Return order click the Assist edit button on the Number field , then system will open the number series , then select the Number series which u want click Ok.

system will generate the number from that Number series of that Return order.
  • JosetxoJosetxo Member Posts: 92
    Thank you for the answer.

My question is: with this configuration, can the user assign the number manually (assumed that it is on the accepted range and format) instead of the system giving it automatically?

Regards,
    Josetxo
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    yes
  • JosetxoJosetxo Member Posts: 92
    Sorry, but even if the "Manual" tick is selected, the system assigns a serial and there is no way to change it once it is selected... what am I doing wrong?
    The setup of the serials is attached.

Thanks,
    Josetxo