Stop posting those entry which are related to G/L.

ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 110
Hello all,

I want to stop to post, those all entry will post in G/L Entry table.

Let me explan :

I have a Purchase Order and i am going to post it but as we know that it's PO one entry also will go to G/L Entry, so it must be not post.

same as all entry which will go G/L entry must not post.

Do anyone know how can i do this ?
Zephyr

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    what u are trying to do with Purchase order ?

Are u going to receive the items or Invoicing for the materials what u received ?

at the time of receipt system will post the Expected cost of the material to Interim accounts .

if u dont want to post then In the Inventory setup remove the check mark in the following fields.

Expected cost posting
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Are you saying you don't want anything to post to the G/L? Please try to explain more.
  • ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 110
    I want to say that when i do post any entry wether that is PO or SO or BP or BR or GV or JV, what ever you post then entry should not be post in G/L Entry Table & remaing entry should post orther table(Like CLE,VLE,ILE,VE,BDL etc). that's what i want to do. ](*,) :-k
    Zephyr
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Yes you got that part right: ](*,)
    So basically you don't want a financial system. I'm going to be sorry I asked this, I can feel it. Why don't you want anything to hit the G/L Entry table?
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    DenSter wrote:
    Yes you got that part right: ](*,)
    :mrgreen:
    Kapil Khanna
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Can u explain why client does like to post the entries G/L ?

If you are not able to Handle the Client , take your scenerio help and explain to client how system works .
    reema
  • ZephyrZephyr Member Posts: 110
    I don't want to hit my G/L Entry Table because my client do all finance thing in Oracle but they do post PO,SO,TO and many othing thing in Navision.

Now can anyone tell me how can i do this ?
    Zephyr
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Zephyr wrote:
    I don't want to hit my G/L Entry Table because my client do all finance thing in Oracle but they do post PO,SO,TO and many othing thing in Navision.

Now can anyone tell me how can i do this ?

You are going about this completely the wrong way. You can not make the postings you watn with out G/L entries. Navision is an ERP system and fundamentally a financial System. You need to speak with your seniors, that will have experience in doing this, and have them guide you through the process.
    David Singleton
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    NAV is a system that has GL as a back bone.
    There are other ERPs out there that can have operations functions without link to GL, but NAV is not one of them.
    What's the issue with transactions hitting GL?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    Even if they do hit the G/L, if your client is using something else to handle their financials, then they don't have to look at the Chart of Accounts.

If they don't want NAV to handle their financials, though, they just spent a lot of money on software that they shouldn't have.

I wouldn't even know where to tell you to start. Everything in the system relies on the G/L to some extent. Explaining what the system is to your client should be the first step.
    matttrax wrote:
    ...Explaining what the system is to your client should be the first step.

I disagree. I think the first step is that the company selling the product know what they are selling, what it can do, what it can't do and how it works. :shock:
    David Singleton
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yup.

I got few customers who don't use the G/L and usualy they have two or three G/L Accounts where everything is posted to and they never look at it.

You can setup G/L as simple as possible and compress closed years. In fact you can close each month and compress.
    I disagree. I think the first step is that the company selling the product know what they are selling, what it can do, what it can't do and how it works. :shock:

Well, maybe next step was more appropriate.

Assuming they don't try to cancel the contract and get their money back you're still going to have to setup some sort of basic G/L.
    matttrax wrote:

Well, maybe next step was more appropriate.

Assuming they don't try to cancel the contract and get their money back you're still going to have to setup some sort of basic G/L.

You are 100% correct, but think about it. Doesn't it terrify the shit out of you that people are out there implementing Navision that don't even know the basics?
    David Singleton
    Oh and just because you are sitting safe and snug in the USA, don;t think that this deos not affect you. What I have seen of off shore development companies would scare you silly. During the sales process you see a couple of people that know NAV, but once your partner signs the off shore development agreement (which you may not even know about) you are most likely to end up with a graduate 6 months out of university solving your business issues, with his or her only support Chanel being mibuso. These people generally are not allowed to use the so called seniors, because they are busy out selling the next off shore project. So the Junior simlply has to hope that someone here will solve the customer's issues.

I think the fun side is when partners will be out sourcing their development, the developer will post the spec on mibuso, and a developer at the original partner will solve the issue. Thus coming full circle.

Now since I make money from fixing all these disasters does someone want to tell me why I want to stop the disasters from happening? :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
    You are 100% correct, but think about it. Doesn't it terrify the shit out of you that people are out there implementing Navision that don't even know the basics?

Yes it does. The scary part for me is (maybe me being hard on myself as I usually am) is that I know I don't a lot, and I'm one of those people. I guess I know enough to know when something sounds bad and when to ask when I don't know something, though. Probably the most important lesson I've ever learned.
    These people generally are not allowed to use the so called seniors, because they are busy out selling the next off shore project. So the Junior simlply has to hope that someone here will solve the customer's issues.

Sadly, I've been that junior developer without Senior help. It's miserable for the customer and the developer. When I started I wanted so badly to be able to do my job correctly and help the customer I was dealing with. But I was thrown to the wolves, told to implement this part of NAV and train on it having never even seen a manual ](*,)

And while I'm sure I haven't seen as much outsourced development as you, I've had my share of bad experiences. The latest being that we were given code from a certain world-wide partner (you can guess) to integrate NAV with a third party warehouse system. Being able to track inventory by variant and serial were part of the deal, but the code that were using and giving to customers had nothing in it for checking variant or serials. Not to mention the horrendous coding style. Definition of spaghetti code. Guess who cleaned up the mess.