Slow in drill down from Chart of accounts

AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
Hello all,

The Navision 5.0 is getting slow (takes long) when we drill down Net change or Balance from Chart of accounts and in some reports related to G/L Entry.

SQL Server 2005
Navision 5.0

And I'm new in optimization (everything) so for now I don't know what to do.

Please, help!
Amaraa

sorry for admins -> i didn't see the forum title where I was. Please, move it to where it supposed to. (super sorry)

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]

Use the search-function of the forum, there are tons of posts about performance.

First thing to check: do you do a regular (at least once per week or even each night) rebuild index in SQL?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    kriki wrote:
    Use the search-function of the forum, there are tons of posts about performance.

First thing to check: do you do a regular (at least once per week or even each night) rebuild index in SQL?
    yet I did only SIFT Maintenance, nothing else.
    After SIFT it get faster but when I move the scroll bar in G/L Entry it stucks.
    Is it can be optimized too?
    What should I do further?
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Search the forum for SQL and performance. You will find tons of advice.

Technically it could be the build version of your 5.0 Client. Check here for available builds:
    http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/waldo/archive/2009/12/22/platform-updates-overview-3-70-b-nav2009-sp1-updated-2.aspx

MS did change the way in which SQL statements are created and some build did have "strange" effects as described by you.

In the forum for example take a look here:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13154&start=0
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting