Unapply with dimensions

gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
Hello all,

I am trying to find a solution for un-applying a payment. When I select the payment line for the customer and select functions-unapply, it creates the new entry but without the dimension's, hence it does not allow be to post that un-application.

I am unable to change that dimension on the unapplication entry. anyone else has a similar problem, if so how did you solve it.

I do not want to modify the form/table and make that field editable, if that is the last option.

Look forward towards any comments.

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    It has been awhile since I've dealt with this, but I do remember it being an issue for some clients. If I remember correctly the only 'native' process solution is to not use the unapply feature, but to manually reverse with a journal entry, at which point of course you can select your dimensions.

Other non-development solutions (which I don't necessarily recommend) are to post the transaction and manually add the dimension in the g/l entries and corresponding tables, or transversely unapply without the dimension and then remove it from the tables. Remember it isn't just g/l entries that tracks the dimension, you also have to edit tables 352, 355, and 357 where appropriate, since they are the historical keepers of dimension entry information. Again, not that this is the 'ideal' solution, but it is one that will clean up your analysis by dimension reports.