FIFO method for items is not working

ernesternest Member Posts: 162
Hi all

I am using Navision 4.0 and i am having the following problem. I have created a new item where the Costing Method is FIFO.
I registered on the system a purchase invoice where the price for this item was 80 EUR and the quantity was 20, date of document 18/01/2010.

Then i registered a sales invoice where the quantity was 10 where the price was 120 date of document 19/01/2010.

Then i made another purchase invoice(always with the same item) with the price 100 and quantity 20 date of document 20/01/2010.

I registered a sales invoice quantity 30 and price of sale 200 date of document 21/01/2010.

The problem is that the cost for this item it is being calculated wrong. After the first sales invoice everything seems to be OK because until this moment cost is -800 and the value of the invoice is 1200.

On the second sales invoice i am having the problem. Here the cost is calculated -2400 which is not true because actually the cost here is (quantity 10 * price 80) + (quantity 20 * price 100) = -2800.

The unit cost for this item is still 80, even i bought this item with different prices.

Do you have any workaround for this issue because this is a huge problem for the company that i am working because they have a large number of different items and it is not possible to check one by one every document.

Regards
Ernest

Comments