Web Service Application

marvindmarvind Member Posts: 25
edited 2010-04-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
I am developing the web service application using dot.net for NAV 2009 published pages i.e Sales Order....
Now i am going to run this application on client web server which is having the static IP.
wether it will require the web connector.
if not then ok
if yes why ?

Thanks
Regards,
Arvind

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Can you be more specific? I am not sure, if your application is consuming NAV 2009 webservices or is a server- publishing webservices consumed by NAV 2009 (I assume that you are consuming WS from NAV 2009)? All depends on how much users will use you application and which kind of users. If the application will be used by uncountable number of users from outside the company (anonymous users from internet), than you need External connector. If the number is countable (e.g. just few partners, defined count of them) will use the aplication, you can use DCO for each access.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • schoolkidschoolkid Member Posts: 103
    Hi to be more specific i have a .net application which will store all the customer details .
    and when any customer record is modified in NAV it should be updated in the .net customer details table.
    thanks in advance
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Than you need to somehow call webservices from NAV, there is no "build-in"support for that, but it is not hard to do. Sometime it is better to set up e.g. replications on SQL to transfer the changes to different database. But it is question of details...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.