Reconciliation of AR GL Accounts with the Customer Ledger

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
edited 2010-01-26 in Navision Financials
Hi Everyone,

Am back again on Navision.. :lol:

One of our client is not able to reconcile its customer ledger with the debtors account in General Ledger... ](*,)

On a copy of the production database, they have run the Aged Accounts Receivables report and compared the report with the total balance of all the Receivables accounts in General Ledger.

They found that the total balance in the Aged Accounts Receivables report exceeds the balance of all the Receivables accounts in General Ledger.

They want to reconcile the customer ledger with the general ledger.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Bea.

Comments

• sprabhucpplsprabhucppl Member Posts: 58
    You have to check the following,

1. Check the Receivable account tagged in the customer posting group - it should tagged to receivable accout in G/L.

2. Un-check Direct Posting field in G/L Account for all receivable account.

3. If the above option is checked user can able to post journals to the receivable G/L account and this journals will not affetc customer ledger entry. This leads difference between Customer Balance and Receivable Account Balance in G/L.
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Thanks for your reply.

I have checked same and the Receivables account in the Customer Posting Group tallies with the Receivables account in GL.

Direct Posting is unchecked for all these Receivables account as well.

I have also identified all direct postings to these accounts but a difference still remains.

I don't really know where to investigate for these differences... ](*,) ](*,)

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Beatrice.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Beatrice wrote:
    Thanks for your reply.

I have checked same and the Receivables account in the Customer Posting Group tallies with the Receivables account in GL.

Direct Posting is unchecked for all these Receivables account as well.

I have also identified all direct postings to these accounts but a difference still remains.

I don't really know where to investigate for these differences... ](*,) ](*,)

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Beatrice.

Write a report that compares all the gl entries to the customer entries and skip the ones that are the same and print the differences. The report will take a while to run, but just run it at night.
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can match the transactions using the Transaction No. field.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Have you looked at report 33 Reconcile Cust. and Vend. Accs?

Maybe that's a step in the right direction.