Find List of Customers

prashantiprashanti Member Posts: 96
Hi Experts!!

In the customer card if i give the customer no. series based on their starting alphabet preceding with C as customer then my digits i.e. example ABC Co. then CA001 ... CA999. Instead of giving normal series like C0001 ... C9999.

Atleast in the normal series we can come to know how many customers are there. In the alphabetic order series we cannot able to find how many customers are there. Is there a way to find the same like how many customers are there in based on alphabetic order.

e.g
CA001..CA010
CC001..CC005
in these total no. of customers are 15.

In short in the customer list if we can get the number of customers i.e. count shown below in the textbox how to do it any help.

Rgds,
Prashanti

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Cust.COUNT;
    David Singleton
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I'm not sure if you are talking about the customer list form or the a report or something, but I would add a textbox to the Customer List form with the simple sourceexpression COUNT and then just filter CA*. (I'm not sure how it affects performance, be careful about it a bit. if you are running sql 2005 or 2008 add it and a week or two later check the management views to see if it's having an effect on performance. I always thought a COUNT textbox should be standard on all list forms, if MS hadn't added it maybe there is a performance reason why.)

Or to see all series a report on No. Series Line and Customers...
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    COUNT is the way to go if you need to know this on a regular basis. If not, I wouldn't bother making the modification. If it's just a once a week / month thing, copy your customer list to Excel, see what row it stops on.