PROBLEM : Custom Lookup stop the trigger chain

andrea_djunaidyandrea_djunaidy Member Posts: 8
hi all, i need some help on lookup

the objective : i need to put some additional filter on "No." field on "Sales Line" table during lookup, so the list only shows a specific set of filtered item for respective user (based on their access level).

(as far as i know) it's impossible to put such filter algorithm in the default lookup functionality (on the TableRelation property).

thus, i create my own code on the "Sales Order Subform." form on the "OnLookup" event.

the issue is, after i override the the OnLookup event with my code, the other events (e,g : OnValidate, OnAfterValidate) are not triggered.
i thought, maybe i did something wrong on my code. so i try to put a very simple code such as
MESSAGE('TEST');
but the result still same, the event stops on the Onlookup. I have to trigger the OnValidate manually using VALIDATE function.
but it's not the solution, there is another default event that need to be triggered (OnAfterValidate)...

so, the question :
1. is it a default NAV behaviour? the manual event will stop the trigger chain?
2. if it's not, where did i do wrong?
3. Is there any way for me to achieve my objective (to put the additional filter on the "Item List" during lookup) without stop the trigger chain?

hope there's a solution for this :(

Comments

• andrea_djunaidyandrea_djunaidy Member Posts: 8
    UPDATE :
    i found a workaround by using sendkeys function to simulate F2 keypress after onlookup.

but i still wondering, is there any better ways to do this?
  • SaalekSaalek Member Posts: 181
    Hi

I thin the csde you wrote in OnLookUp Trigger is similar to this

case type of
    type::item:
    begin
    clear(FItemList);
    Clear(TItem);
    TItem. sertrange( all filters you need);
    FItemList.lookUpMode:=true;
    FItemList.editable:=false;
    FItemList.settableview(TItem);
    If FItemList.runmodal= Action::LookUpOk then
    begin
    FItemList.getRecord(TItem);
    rec."no.":=TItem."No.";
    rec.validate("No."); // I Think this is the instruction you nedd.
    end;
    end;

Remenber that if you wrote code for Items, you must Write code for the rest of Type field values, G/L Account, ....

Bye
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    Saalek wrote:
    Hi

I thin the csde you wrote in OnLookUp Trigger is similar to this

case type of
    type::item:
    begin
    clear(FItemList);
    Clear(TItem);
    TItem. sertrange( all filters you need);
    FItemList.lookUpMode:=true;
    FItemList.editable:=false;
    FItemList.settableview(TItem);
    If FItemList.runmodal= Action::LookUpOk then
    begin
    FItemList.getRecord(TItem);
    rec."no.":=TItem."No.";
    rec.validate("No."); // I Think this is the instruction you nedd.
    end;
    end;

Remenber that if you wrote code for Items, you must Write code for the rest of Type field values, G/L Account, ....

Bye

As Saalek says, you should validate your field. For your OnValidate and OnAfterValidate code of your form to run, you should also write them after your validation code.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Question is, isn't the code on the form wrongly placed? Dou you really use these triggers on the form? Shouldn't be the code in OnValidate on the table?

Rmember: use the triggers on the form only for specific functionality of the form (mainly connected to the visualization of the data), not for data processing...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.