Consolidation by Dimension

gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
Hello All,

I am trying to consolidate by dimension. I setup the same dimension in child and consolidating entities

Both of child entities have the consolidating dimension as the same value and it exists with the same value in consolidating entity.

When I consolidate I check the copy field content (copy diemension) for the dimension but it does not populate the dimension value.

I am testing this on NAV 5.0 SP1 ... am I missing something critical here...

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Financial Management -> Setup -> Dimensions -> Dimensions -> Dimension [button] -> Dimension Values -> [Show Column] Consolidation Code

Is that filled in?
  • gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
    Yes... same as the original code
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Just to make sure I'm in the correct place: The Consolidation Code is filled in, same as the original dimension, in BOTH the Dimension form and Dimension Value form, the same dimensions exist is all companies being consolidated, you assigned the dimensions in G/L Setup in the same order and posted transactions with them, your chart of accounts is set up with the consolidation debit and credit accounts, you have no dimension combination restrictions that would block a posting in consolidation in the parent, and after consolidation no dimension values are in the parent g/l entries?

And what I mean by the last question is- do some consolidation entries have dimension values, or do no g/l entries have dimension values?