Item Breakdown

gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
Hello All,

I have a client who buys & sells raw and processed food.

When the raw food is about the expire they send it over to a processor .. .get it broken down into several processed items.

The vendor returns them the processed food in several shipments as they keep processing the raw item to created processed ones. They charge them a processing fee.

Is this possible in NAV, I tried disassembly ... in Kits journals but works only if you have built the item first. In my case

Item A (quantity 10) broken down to Item B & Item C. Both Item B & C have zero quantity now.

I know if I am able to do this with Kit journals I can assign the processing charge to Item A and it get transferred over to B & C when I run Adjust cost. But how do I breakdown the item.

Any help would be great.

Thank you
Saurav

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that manufacturing + subcontracting is what you are looking for... you send subcontractor something, he will create something other, you receive it, and you will get purchase invoice for it from the subcontractor...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
    Thought so ... thanks ... I wish kitting could solve this problem ... manufacturing will be an overkill.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I do not know kitting because it is not used in our version, thus take this as a one way, may be there is another with kitting...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    I do not know about your Kitting version but I do know the german and the french version:

You would define the Kit, Item A with a BOM of Item B and Item C. Then use a BOM Journal to breakdown the Kit into the components. We have made an enhancement to the german BOM Journal, which is rather simple. The french version is much better.

To post the disassembly in the BOM Journal just put the Kit Qty as -1.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
    You could setup a BOM for Item's B and C that is .5 of Item A (if it goes in evenly like that)...

This would pull in the inventory from A into B and C along with the cost... You can get additional cost through the use of a resource.
    -Lavin
    "Profanity is the one language all programmers know best."