Downsides of single inventory account in Posting Group

gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
Hello All,

I have question for the experienced.

I am planning on using the same account (one single inventory account) for all the following in all the posting groups:

General Posting Group
Purch. Account 14210
Purch. Credit Account 14210
Inventory Adjmt. Account 14210
Direct Cost Applied Account 14210

Inventory Posting Group
Inventory Account 14210
Inventory Acc. (Interim) 14210
WIP Account (Used only for Kitting) 14210

What are downside or flaws in this setup? Has anyone ever used this kind of setup before?

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Saurav,

the only person that can answer this is your client. You need to sit with them, make test postings and show them the pluses and minuses of this approach. If you are a fresher and don't have the experience your self to set this up and explain to your client, then bring in your seniors and have them do this part of the project and you learn from them. If your company do not have seniors, then look for external resources and have someone come in and help you with the project.

But you can not expect to simply have mibuso do your implementation for you.
    David Singleton
  • gemini_shootergemini_shooter Member Posts: 149
    David,

Thanks. I tested this myself and the flow seems right and for all the entries. I tested all entries and was happy with how the inventory was moving.

I understand the question is very generic and hard to answer. I wanted to gain from other people's experience's if they ever did something like this and later came to bite them back for some off reason.

I know I am being a little selfish ... :o
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063