Is it possible that a purch. invoice does not affect invento

Markandey_PandeyMarkandey_Pandey Member Posts: 178
Hi all,

Is it possible that a purchase invoice does not affect inventory.
if yes then can anybody guide me.
Markandey Pandey

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    when u create any invoice physically there is no impact on Invetory (increase or decrease ), but financially impact on Inventroy.

what functionality you are looking ?
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    You can use Charge Item and G/L Account in purchase line. This will not impact inventory.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Markandey_PandeyMarkandey_Pandey Member Posts: 178
    ssingla wrote:
    You can use Charge Item and G/L Account in purchase line. This will not impact inventory.

is it possible with type=ITEM
    Markandey Pandey
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Maybe you should explain what you are trying to accomplish. Then we can try and provide a better solution.
    matttrax wrote:
    Maybe you should explain what you are trying to accomplish. Then we can try and provide a better solution.

Actually, i want to do this for implementing Job work module.
    We are using Transfer Order to transfer inventory from Job worker to the client's premises, so if we will use Purchase invoice to invoice with type=item, it will again hit the inventory.

So what i want is, when we invoice it should only affect the G/L account and not inventory.
    Markandey Pandey
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Perhaps you should look into Internal Picks in Warehouse Management or Loaners in Service Management.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    markandy pandy,

you need to carefully consider the implications for your client of performing a Navision implementation in this way. You should look at getting a senior member of your company to come in and guide you in how to implement Navision. If all you are going to do is take every question from your client and just post it here in hope that someone will solve the issues for you, you wont ever really provide a proper solution for the client.

After you have three or four disasters behind you it may be possible to move on and based on lessons learned, move to start providing proper services, but really this is not the way to go.

The questions you are asking show that you really don't have enough knowledge yet and you really need a senior to guide you. In fact if you tell the customer honestly that you need help, they will respect you.

The forums are a great way to help you with specific technical issues and many community members will be happy to help you learn. But forums are not a way to provide direct customer support for live implementations.
    David Singleton
    markandy pandy,

you need to carefully consider the implications for your client of performing a Navision implementation in this way. You should look at getting a senior member of your company to come in and guide you in how to implement Navision. If all you are going to do is take every question from your client and just post it here in hope that someone will solve the issues for you, you wont ever really provide a proper solution for the client.

After you have three or four disasters behind you it may be possible to move on and based on lessons learned, move to start providing proper services, but really this is not the way to go.

The questions you are asking show that you really don't have enough knowledge yet and you really need a senior to guide you. In fact if you tell the customer honestly that you need help, they will respect you.

The forums are a great way to help you with specific technical issues and many community members will be happy to help you learn. But forums are not a way to provide direct customer support for live implementations.

David: The real problem is somewhere else and it has been told by Denster in a seprate post on DUG. There are some people who put rookies on the project with little or no knowledge of NAV. They believe throwing people in water will make them learn the art of swimming :cry:
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ssingla wrote:
    markandy pandy,

David: The real problem is somewhere else and it has been told by Denster in a seprate post on DUG. There are some people who put rookies on the project with little or no knowledge of NAV. They believe throwing people in water will make them learn the art of swimming :cry:

I know exactly what the issue is. But Markandy pandy does not understand, so I am trying to explain to him subtly.

Basically we keep giving him (and the others) fish every day, so there is no real need for them to learn how to catch their own fish. We (the community) are as much to blame as the unscrupulous companies that sell implementations like this.
    David Singleton
    ssingla wrote:
    markandy pandy,

I know exactly what the issue is. But Markandy pandy does not understand, so I am trying to explain to him subtly.

Basically we keep giving him (and the others) fish every day, so there is no real need for them to learn how to catch their own fish. We (the community) are as much to blame as the unscrupulous companies that sell implementations like this.

I respect you all for supporting me, I had started my journey with Navision 5 months back. In these five months i have learn a lot and i am still in the process of learning. if u people are thinking that i am directing posting the customer's requirement to the forum thats not the truth. Actually as i am new to navision i try to take help the expert's experience. I have seen people asking questions based on their requirement.
    Markandey Pandey
    I respect you all for supporting me, I had started my journey with Navision 5 months back. In these five months i have learn a lot and i am still in the process of learning. if u people are thinking that i am directing posting the customer's requirement to the forum thats not the truth. Actually as i am new to navision i try to take help the expert's experience. I have seen people asking questions based on their requirement.

Most of the question posted here are based on the real time scenarion. We can help you in troubleshooting the problems which are of specific nature. General implementation techniques and solution designing can not be expected from the forums.

The forum are meant for discussion & knowledge sharing and not implementation support. Your employer is supposed to provide you with implementation support. Most of the members are busy persons and cannot support implementation free of cost.

Your company needs to invest in training of the resources as well as hiring senior resources. This will go a long way in helping you do some good implementations. Forums will be of little help otherwise.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    ssingla wrote:

Most of the question posted here are based on the real time scenarion. We can help you in troubleshooting the problems which are of specific nature. General implementation techniques and solution designing can not be expected from the forums.

The forum are meant for discussion & knowledge sharing and not implementation support. Your employer is supposed to provide you with implementation support. Most of the members are busy persons and cannot support implementation free of cost.

Your company needs to invest in training of the resources as well as hiring senior resources. This will go a long way in helping you do some good implementations. Forums will be of little help otherwise.

i agree
    Markandey Pandey