Options

Webservices on a native server

gudlauguringigudlauguringi Member Posts: 5
edited 2010-01-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi ... is it possible to use the new WebService feature of 2009 on a native server? We are not using the RTC.

Br,
Gulli

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    No.

You need to look at external solutions like iFacto framework or To-Increase.
  • Options
    OK, thanks. That is what I gathered from the information that I have but it doesn't really say so explicitly.

Hope I am not too off topic here but I need to use a distributed NAV environment (100+ servers). I guess SQL Server Workgroup edition would be fine for this, but what prices could we be talking about compared to let's say the Standard edition?

Br,
    Gulli
  • Options
    Hey, it's your topic...

Are you going to combine that SQL with the Native database? That does not make sense....

How big will those distributed databases get? Why not use express edition?

What synchronisation platform are you going to implement? What countries? Remember that NAV is not Unicode.
  • Options
    Maybe distributed is not the correct term. It's an LS Retail setup, each store has it's own database. Using native and sql in such a setup is not a problem.
  • Options
    Then why not using Native everywhere...

Be careful not to invest in old technology. Native database and classic client wil not stay forever.
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    You can examine the opportunity of using SQL Express for POS Servers and when it's getting full, deleting everything and re-replicating the important stuff down from the HQ with LS Data Director.
  • Options
    OK, thanks. I will look into the options.