warehouse shipment and receive not working

ernesternest Member Posts: 162
Hi all

I am new at Navision and I am trying to do the following. I have setup different locations, some of them are transit locations.
In my company the work process is like this. Someone register a purchase invoice and do not choose a location for the items on this invoice. Now is some other person which registers the entry of these items in one specific location in the warehouse.
The same thing is even for the sales invoice and the process of shipment.
Now the problem is that i registered a purchase invoice and when i try to register a receive in warehouse i can not do this action because the grid is disabled and i can not register any row on this document.

The same thing even when i try to register a receive. Attached you have the print screen for this problem.

Is there any setup step that i am missing???

Thank you and best regards

Comments

• rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    HI

In the warehouse receipt screen you cannot manually enter anything. you need to select the Purchase Order by clicking Functions>>Get Source documents. Also the Purchase order should be released and have a location in it.
    Warehouse receipt cannot be made against a Purchase Invoice.

The same holds good for Sales also.

Regards,
    Rajat.
  • ernesternest Member Posts: 162
    Hi Rajat

Thanks for your answer. I totally understand that, but even with the Get Source Documents function i can not find anything, even i have registered 5 or 6 purchase orders in the system.
    In my company someone registers the purchase invoice and then pays for it. But that does not mean that the items of the purchase invoice are on my inventory because i have to wait more than 10 days for the transport. If i do not pay the purchase invoice the vendor is not sending me the items, so i have to post the purchase invoice and pay for it.
    Until the moment that the items are here, I have nothing on my inventory. On the moment that the items are here, the manager of the warehouse registers a receipt manually that on this date i have received this quantity of items.
    How can i manage that he registers this document on Navision, because i can not find any solution?

Best Regards
    Ernest
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    you are looking for Prepayments which is available in Nav 5.0 & 2009.

follow these steps :

Create the new Vendor and define the prepayment % in Invocing Tab.
    Create the new item and define the Prepayment % in Item card

Create a Purchase order with that vendor and Item with a prepayment requirement.

Create the prepayment Purchase invoice

then pay the prepayment amount to that vendor

Apply the prepayment amount to that prepayment invoice .

receive the materials .

Create a purchase invoice for the total amount of the purchase order minus the prepayment amount.

pay the rest of payment to vendor and post the payment to the purchase order.

so when it comes to warehouse receipt , Make sure that location code should be availble in Purcahse order header (where u are going to receive the material)
  • ernesternest Member Posts: 162
    Thanks for your answer

Actually now we are using Navision 4.0 (sorry that i did not mention this before) and i would be thankful if you suggest me anything for this version.

If i do the upgrade in Navision 2009, am I allowed to do a prepayment with 100%, because i pay in full my vendors before they ship me the items?

Thanks and best regards
    Ernest
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    ernest wrote:

Actually now we are using Navision 4.0 (sorry that i did not mention this before) and i would be thankful if you suggest me anything for this version.

if you are working on Nav 4.0 then check this link , it may help you .

http://wiki.dynamicsbook.com/index.php? ... ipt_in_NAV
    ernest wrote:
    If i do the upgrade in Navision 2009, am I allowed to do a prepayment with 100%, because i pay in full my vendors before they ship me the items?

YES.