Permission to delete from Address ID Table

marialorenamarialorena Member Posts: 62
I created and posted an invoice.Create a new one and post again, why I encountered this message which was not encountered in the previous Invoice posting.

"You do not have permission to delete from Address ID table"

Thanks.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Can't tell you exactly, but here is what most likely happened.

You posted an invoice. During that posting it came to code similar to this: AddressID.DELETE.

At that point in time there was no data in that table so permissions were not checked. Nothing to delete means wasted time checking for permissions.

Then, either later during the posting of that first invoice, or by someone else entirely, data was inserted into that table.

Now you post another invoice and it gets to that code again, but this time it sees data. So it checks the permissions. Since you do not have the correct permissions for that it throws the error.

Make sense?
  • marialorenamarialorena Member Posts: 62
    Hi,

Yes this make sense..But I am not a Technical person and no one among us knows how to do debugging if necessary...how to rectify and what to rectify so that this message wont appear again and allows us to post...Note that we have already posted a lot of documents when this message appeared..

Thanks.
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    Can't find the "Address ID" table. It's not a standard one.

It looks like you have some customization thats throws the permission error. You should ask the person who wrote the customized code to take a look at it.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
    I checked the table Address ID in the Object Designer. Address ID is there and not modified.
    Please see below.

Type ID Name Modified Version List Date
    1 28003 Address ID No NAVAP4.00 31-08-04

Appreciate your help understanding this message.

Thanks.
    Ok, then it is a standard table, but we are using different country release as base.

If you post an invoice with a SUPER user, do you get the same error?

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.
    I dont encounter this error whenever I use Super. I can post without encountering this message. This message was encountered whenever I use user id that has limitation in permission.

Remember, there are several occurences already that the user was able to post before this message appeared with her user ID (not super).

Thanks again.
    Then give permission to that table to users who need it.

When you start to run NAV it is usual to adjust permissions.

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs