NavDep - Bank Deposit Navigation

KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
According to a knowledgebase article, with the Bank Deposit functionality, including 'unapplying' a cashreceipt, and the bank reconciliation functionality, there is a key group called 'NavDep' that needs to be created and activated, but no instructions are given. This is to make the Navigate functionality work on external document no. Does anyone have a link to instructions for creating this? Client is on NAV 5.0.
Thanks,
Karen Eve

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Which knowledge base article? Are you referring to assigning the numbering series for bank deposits? I have never heard the term 'key group' used in Navision before, so I'm guessing numbering series?
  • KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    Article 913310 - Description of the new bank deposit feature and the new bank reconciliation feature in Microsoft Navisiion 4.0 Service Pack 1.

Thanks,
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Go to each of the tables listed (17, 21, 25, 271) in object designer, design the table, go to View -> Keys. Put a checkmark in the 'Enabled' column for all lines that don't already have a checkmark.

Telling you that these are part of the "NavDep" keys seems to make the article convoluted and harder to understand; I don't know why they included that information, it seems too internal to release in a customer source document. :-k
  • KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    Thank you. Will do. =D>
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Key groups are used so that developers can create keys but leave them inactive, then if a customer is using a feature that needs those keys, they can activate all the necessary keys without going into the object designer.

Under no circumstances should an inexperienced end user be going into the object designer and making changes, this is very dangerous.

Instead of modifying objects you need to go

File -> Database -> Information

here press the KEY GROUP button

Now in the list find the key group you need to activate, and press the enable button. Note that on a big database this could take a long time whilst the indexes are created.
    David Singleton