What is the Maximum Length of a Flow Filter

ranjityadavranjityadav Member Posts: 92
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what is the maximum Length of a flow filter having datatype "code".

I want to put the values on Location filter in item card that is flow filter field i want to put multiple location. When i am trying to Filter the location randomly from my location list with the help of OR condition i.e. '|'. Its giving me the error "The Filter in the Location Filter field in the Item table is too large.

If any other way to resolve this please share...

Thanks & Regards
Ranjit Singh

Answers

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    If I remember correctly it's the maximum length of text fields which can be either 250 or 1000.
  • ranjityadavranjityadav Member Posts: 92
    i am able to put 644 character there not more then that.
    but i am not sure that, Is any other way to solve this ?
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    There is no way to make it larger.

If you have 644 characters filtering on locations you have a lot of locations :mrgreen:

Is it not possible to solve it another way? With a new field location type or subcode?
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    When I need complex filtering on a process I usually use temporary tables.
    Depending on the escenario I use temp tables in one or another way:
    1. I create a new boolean field on the table, only used in my code when combined with temp table.
    I loop all the table to determinate if the record needs to be included. I copy the record in the temp table and update the
    new bool field.
    The rest of the code uses the temp table

2. I only insert on the temp table the records that need to be included
    On the rest of my code I write
    IF tmpRec.GET(<Val1>,[<Val2,etc.]) THEN
    <Code>
    ELSE
    <Code>

Hope this helps,

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.