Problem with Job Queue

sunctsunct Member Posts: 72
Hi,

I am finding a very strange issue with the Job Queue.
I have a Job Queue Entry with Codeunit 50400 and a parameter string C11-Import. In the codeunit, initially I have assigned the parameter string value to a field in table 60405. Initially it was not writing to the table. Then I put a Commit after the insert and then it started inserting to the table.

Now I removed all the references to the table and deleted the table 60405 also. I no more assign the value to the field in this table and my codeunit doesnot have any reference to this table 60405. Even then while running the Job Queue, it is giving error in the Log Entry as 'Table data 60405 doesnot exist'.

The crazy thing is that, initially the job run successfully 3 times and once I close the client and reopen this problem starts coming.

Any body knows how it happens? It seems that my latest codeunit is not running but a previous instance of that codeunit is running in Job Queue. Does NAS has anything to do with this?

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Sunil

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Have you restarted the NAS after you made the changes to your codeunit?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • sunctsunct Member Posts: 72
    Thanks for your reply Dyck.

I have restarted the NAS and it solved my problem partially. My requirement is to import from an excel file to Sales Price table. It depends on the Interface Code which I am passing through the Parameter String. The Interface Code defines (in table Interface) which all fields need to be imported. For importing I have a report.

I am calling the report from my codeunit 50400 filtering it with the Interface Code. Suppose if the interface code mentioned in Parameter String is C06, the report will run importing the fields defined for Interface Code 06 in table interface. The path of file for importing is also provided in the table Interface.

Now, my problem is that the codeunit is processing and the report gets executed but, it is not finding the file. The error log entry says 'The file C:\Documents and Settings\newuser\Desktop\Salesprice.xls does not exist". But the file exists in this path.

Is it that, the system looks into the C: drive of any other system when using NAS? This is the first time I am working with Job Queue and NAS and so it confuses me a lot ](*,) .

Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Sunil
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    The NAS will not have access to the directory C:\Documents and Settings\newuser\Desktop\Salesprice.xls, if it's installed on a different machine.

You should create a shared directory accross the network, where the users can save their documents, and from which the NAS can import these files.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)