Difference between the Different Journals

aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
Hi Frnds,
Can youtell me the difference between the different journals (Gen Jnl, Sales Jnl, Purch Jnl, Payment Jnl, Cash rcpt Jnl, FA G/L Jnl, Job G/L Jnl). They have Common Source Table - T81 - Gen. Journal Line.

Do they differ only in Template and Batch name..?? or is there any other difference in posting procedure?
aav!o

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    these journals are different because they have to be used for different tasks. I am not an expert of functional area, but you obviously see different fields of the same table depending on the journal you're in.
    More important, when you post one of them, different posting routines are called, in order to write different tables, with different checks and different restrictions...don't ask me what checks and restrictions...they're too much! :mrgreen:
    More important: if you push F1 while you're on one of these journals, you'll get the help, that explains to you the correct use of the journals.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
    Belias wrote:
    but you obviously see different fields of the same table depending on the journal you're in.
    yes, they only contain the fields necessary to particular jnl.
    Belias wrote:
    More important, when you post one of them, different posting routines are called, in order to write different tables, with different checks and different restrictions...

i think its not correct :-k , with Account Type- Bank Account, Bal. Account Type- G/L Account,we could post it from FA G/L Jnl or Payment Jnl or cash Reciept Jnl. and it seems to be excuting same procedure, checks, same codeunits... and resulting same number of ledger entries with diffent Jnl Batch Names.
    aav!o
    yep, you're right, sorry :oops: ...i should think twice before posting, next time
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
    so these jnls differ only in template, batches and the different fields depending on the jnl form. is it..?? :?: :-k
    aav!o
    yes, but remember that different fields populated, means different checks and different execution paths...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog