Flat Tax Amount in NAV as opposed to percentage

cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
I have a question. I am using Sales Tax in NAV and I post Sales Tax as a percentage, works fine.

Now, I have a request from a client if I can post a flat amount, for instance .10 cents and this would be based on quantity.

If the quantity is 1, it will be .10

If the quantity is 2, it wil lbe .20

etc.

I am doing this because my client uses bottle deposits, and a bottle deposit is .10 per bottle.

Can I use the NAV tax setup to accomplish this?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Just curious - is this a POS or on a larger scale?
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    They use both systems.

The bottle deposits work fine in the POS system but they also do sales transactions in NAV also, so I am figuring out the best way to accomplish this.

Have you had any experience with this?
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    We have a similar thing, in that we sale automotive transmissions and other parts and they all have a core charge that needs to be charged. We have our solution center program it for us.

the basics are, on the item card, we added a new field which references the core item (which is a regular item number for us) and a check box on the item card, if it needs to have the core item automatically added to the sales order.

so when ever a transmission with a core is put on a sales line, it triggers a second line to be inserted with the core item, and the same qty as the transmission line. The basic programing is on the sale line trigger, if Item check box Insert core = true, then insert new line with core item number and qty.

This is the same thing you are requesting, a new line with the deposit when ever specific items are placed on a sales order.

Personally I would not use sale tax. What if you some day need sales tax. or what if you upgrade, or apply a service pack, etc. then you have to redo the sale tax module all over again. If you do the programing how we did, then you can much more easily identify and upgrade that code.
  • cvealecveale Member Posts: 135
    I see what you are saying.
    So I would likely flag each inventory item that requires a bottle deposit.

So if that inventory item is selected in a Sales or Purchase document, it will bring in an additional line with line type of ''GL account" defaulting in my bottle deposit GL account.

This makes sense to me, I will bring this up with my developer and will let you know what I come up with.